Instructor Trainer Course
The Instructor Trainer designation is a formal NAUI leadership designation, not a certification. The NAUI Instructor Trainer designation (IT) provides recognition to NAUI Instructors who have completed a combination of training and evaluated experience specific to the preparing, training, evaluating and counseling of NAUI Instructor candidates.
Active-status NAUI Instructors designated as Instructor Trainer may direct the Staff Training Workshop (STW), Instructor Training Program (ITP), and staff an Instructor Training Course (ITC), Instructor Qualification Program (IQP), or Instructor Trainer Workshop (ITW) in any position other than Course Director when using NAUI support materials.
An active-status NAUI Instructor Trainer who completes all requirements as laid out by the NAUI Training Department, can teach the NAUI First Aid – Powered by DAN provider courses and First Aid Instructor workshops.
The course assures the NAUI membership that candidates who receive certification as NAUI Instructors have the knowledge, skills, fitness and proper attitude to do so.
Certified NAUI Instructor course graduates are qualified to apply for NAUI Instructor membership in any status provided for in the bylaws of the association.
An active-status NAUI Instructor may independently teach NAUI sanctioned courses and authorize NAUI certification for graduates. An active-status NAUI Instructor may independently conduct NAUI recognition and experience programs and authorize formal recognition for graduates.
An active-status NAUI Instructor who completes all requirements as laid out by the NAUI Training Department, can teach the NAUI First Aid – Powered by DAN provider courses.
A NAUI Instructor member may renew such membership annually (in any one status) by meeting the requirements set by the NAUI Training Department and Membership Committee.
The Instructor Trainer designation is a formal NAUI leadership designation, not a certification.
Continue your training by enrolling in a NAUI Course Director course . If you completed the aforementioned courses you may enroll in NAUI Technical courses.
Academic: E-learning/Classroom : 12 hours
Practical Application: 15 hours
- Age. Minimum is 21 years by the water phase of the course.
- Certification/Experience/Knowledge. Any active-status NAUI Instructor who has completed a NAUI Staff Training Workshop and the following activities may attend an Instructor Trainer Workshop (ITW).
- A minimum of 200 logged open water scuba dives.
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
- Have certified at least 75 divers, of which 20 Certifications must include at least: four (4) Advanced Diver, four (4) Rescue Diver, four (4) Nitrox Diver, four (4) Specialties and four (4) Leadership courses.
- Staff/participate in 3 ITCs (ITP/IQP) for at least 100 student contact hours. One ICC may be counted toward this requirement.
- Conducting, staffing and evaluating experience gained at Instructor level courses before becoming a NAUI Instructor Trainer is acceptable.
- Be a member in good standing for the year immediately preceding the Instructor Trainer Workshop.
- Equipment. Candidates shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The instructor shall initially assist candidates in checking all their gear to ensure it is adequate and in proper working order.
- Materials. Contact the NAUI Training Department for current requirements.